- It's hard to keep the phase angle. Or almost impossible. Passive Xover there is a phase shift. So in one sound rig, you should only use one type of Xover.
- It's very difficult to make a Xover flat. So high skills are needed
- Passive Crossover (Xove)r has many losses or losses due to series filters and bypasses. More than 30% of the power that goes into the speaker is bypassed
- Because Passive Xover has many losses or losses due to series filters and bypasses, if the component is not good or the design is not patent, the component can overheat
- Playing with active Xover is better because;1. No angle shift 2. There are no bypass losses
Thursday, November 29, 2018
This time I will share the passive crossover (Xover) circuit used for the 2 Way system. Passive Xover is more complicated than an active crossover. And using active Xover is much easier because:
Below for the schematic 2Way Passive Crossover Mid - Hi:
Electronic Circuit is a good site for hobbyist also who would like to try DIY because it shared good circuits. If you have a personalized circuit requirement you may feel free to request it through the comment box or contact me.