The megabass circuit is a modified Baxandall tone control with no bass cut and no treble control. It boosts frequencies from about 30Hz to 160Hz can boost by 14dB.
Mega bass circuit Diagram
- The input capacitor can be replaced with a .01uf cap if you wish.
- The 10pf capacitor is optional and will start rolling off everything over 15kHz. 5pf will double this to 31kHz.
- The tone control requires a low impedence input. If you already have a low impedence input, the input buffer can be removed. However, the output is inverted.
- The opamp is not critical. A 4558 would be just fine.
- I do not show the parts for the +4.5 reference. Here is the +4.5 voltage divider I used.
- IC A4558 Pinning IC A4558 Pinning
IC 4558 is a monolithic Integrated Circuit designed for dual operational amplifier.
- Absolute maximum ratings of A4558 Ap-amp
- Supply voltage VCC 20 or ±10 V
- Differential input voltage VIND 20 V
- Input voltage VIN ±10 V
- Power Dissipation PD 300 mW
- Operating temperature Topr -45 ~ +85 °C
- Storage temperature Tstg -55 ~ +150 °C
See Also Subwoofer Booster Circuit