Vertical Protectors (another term surge protector or Vertical CRT Neck Guard or protector) . If the vertical deflection does not work, then the raster will glow a horizontal line. This can cause the picture tube phosphor layer was destroyed by fire when the aircraft be kept alive in the long term.
- Protector surge protector is connected with x-ray to the horizontal which will trigger the horizontal oscillator is not working
- Protectors gets connected to microcontrol that will trigger the "power off" so that the plane will turn off automatically or plane alive but raster becomes dark (brightnes level down).
- Using sampling pulses from vertical-out IC which is connected to microcontrol . If microcontrol not receive these pulses the surge protector will work.
- Using a sampling of the voltage supply Vcc-vertical IC connected to the IC microcontrol using a diode. In the normal kondidi no voltage on the pin-IC microcontrol protection. If the supply voltage Vcc or a short break then the voltage on the pin- microcontrol protection will come short to ground through the diode and trigger protection to actively work
- Using the IC supply current sampling vertical-out that will actively work if the current exceeds supply. As the sensor protector installed here a series resistor and a transistor in the supply line where it works similar to the OCP.
- Vertical IC-out short (broken)
- No voltage supply to the vertical IC-out.
- Vertical lines of the IC pulse-out to any part microcontrol broken or damaged
- Vertical deflection section does not work (damage to the IC)