The working principle of the multiplexer circuit above is:
1. Value of bit 00 from the selector will choose the path of the first input as the output
2. Value of bit 01 of the selector will choose the path of the second input as output
3. Value of bit 10 of the selector selects the third input lines as output
4. Value of bit 11 of the selector will choose the four input channels as output
5. As long as there is no change in the bit selector logic condition of the output logic state also will not be amended.
6. If the line selector is connected with a series of counter-up the output to be obtained will represent the input lines in sequence.
7. So it can be concluded that the usefulness of the implementation of a multiplexer function is to satisfy the principle of a simple data distribution. Thus, with multiplexers is possible to transmit data remotely using only one connection.