Molex make external-threaded DIN Valve Connectors that have excellent sealing properties along with superior cable retention. This increases the performance and reliability of their solenoids. By simplifying the manufacturing processes, Molex reduces the overall applied costs for all types of solenoids used in electromagnetic, pneumatic and hydraulic devices.
• The external nut is ergonomically designed for greater and consistent torque providing uniform sealing between connector and cable. The cable retention force is now 115%, offering improved reliability.
• The customer's inventory is reduced, since PG9, PG11 and cables of outer diameter up to 9mm can be accommodated.
• Errors are eliminated, as an incorrectly-sized installer cannot be used. The front gasket is integrated and self-retaining within the housing, preventing it from being misplaced during assembly.
• Handling, wire routing and speed of assembly is increased by via the 30% increase in internal volume because of external nut design. Speed of assembly is further reduced since the connector is supplied disassembled.
• Plus / minus screwheads enable air tools to be used for volume production. In the field an operator can use either a flat or a Phillips-head screwdriver.